A problem of limited warehouse capacity. A solution of synchronized production.
DecisionBrain developed a fully integrated planning and scheduling solution that considered all work centers at the same time to define the optimal solution, while respecting manufacturing capabilities and constraints. The solution consists of two major components: a production master planning engine and a scheduling engine. Production Master Planning:
This engine has visibility over all plants and includes all critical requirements. It embeds different complexities such as:
- Machines, tools, raw materials and warehouse specs
- Material shelf life and maturity
- Cross plants redistribution with transportation costs
The outcome is a production Master Plan that leads to reduced production costs and lost sales, thus maximizing profits. Moreover, it offers the flexibility to swiftly adjust for new customers demands. Thanks to its KPIs and reports, planners have a comprehensive view of all plants over the next few months.
This engine not only defines an efficient work center scheduling that maximizes demand satisfaction, but also ensures consistency with the long term view of the Master Plan, providing several benefits:
- Target inventory levels, as defined by the Master Plan
- Intermediate and final production synchronization
- Adherence to all capacity constraints
- Low material waste
- Possibility to easily react to unexpected events, for example, machine breakdowns
The project is in its final phase of implementation and has provided strong preliminary results.