Mining, Metals, Energy and Commodity Industries Optimization
Optimization opportunities in mining, metals, energy and commodity industries.
Mining Optimization Solutions for Smarter Mine-to-Market Activities
Today’s challenging and volatile commodity world is driving extraction and processing firms to leverage analytics and AI-based technologies throughout various stages of mine-to-market activities.
DecisionBrain helps you achieve quick wins by leveraging modular, fully customizable software systems that support you in making the best possible plans, schedules and real-time logistics decisions while respecting real-world constraints.
AI Optimization Engines
Users can then make adjustments and compare different scenarios in terms of key performance indicators, such as labor, fuel, or demurrage costs and on-time delivery rates.
Mining Optimization Opportunities
- Allocating pellet-product orders to pellet mills and efficiently sequencing of these production orders on the mills, eg by minimizing changeovers between product runs on pellet mills
- Generating feasible blends for each product, subject to mix restrictions and grouping rules
- Allocating the right blends to production orders while considering due dates, mine production rates, inventory availability and storage capacity limits
- Scheduling mining train loading and scheduling of railroad network to transport materials
- Direction of conveyor belt movements, speeds and feed rates to streamline the flow of materials and products, e.g. within a port complex
- Efficient loading of ships with consideration for min/max limits on tonnage and minimization of demurrage costs resulting from late loading of orders
- Sequencing and assigning of ships to piers
Video: Reducing Emissions in Steel Manufacturing Using Optimization & Forecasting
It comes out of some joint work between DecisionBrain and IBM in the steel industry. We will highlight one particular project focused on maximizing the productive usage of flammable by-product gases.
Speak with an Expert