Transportation and Logistics Optimization
Whether you’re moving freight on land, air, or sea, within a city, or around the world, sometimes your needs go beyond what’s possible through your manual processes, legacy planning, scheduling & routing tools, or even your ERP, TMS, or execution system.
Modular Planning, Scheduling & Logistics Optimization Software
Increase efficiency by 10%. Reduce planning time by 90%. Realize ROI in under a year.
DB Gene by DecisionBrain is a modular logistics planning and scheduling platform that provides ~80% of needed functionality for most logistics planning and optimization use cases out-of-the-box - even for the most complex or unique use cases. The remaining ~20% of customer-specific requirements typically take 3-7 months to configure and deploy.
WHAT IS DB GENE?
SPEAK WITH AN EXPERT
Optimized Milk Run Inbound Logistics for Toyota Assembly Plants, Reducing Transportation Costs by 10%.
Strategic Logistics Planning Optimization
Planning on an annual, quarterly, monthly or weekly basis
Plan and adjust your supply chain and logistics network by optimizing warehouse and fulfillment center locations, plant capacities, modes of transport, supplier selection, inventory targets and workforce configuration.
SPEAK WITH EXPERT
Tactical Logistics Planning Optimization
Planning on a quarterly or monthly basis
Create detailed daily plans that satisfy all work demand by:
- creating detailed demand forecasts
- assigning loads to vehicles or contractors, including splitting of loads through the day to support just-in-time deliveries
- optimizing stop orders and routes
- creating 3-D container/trailer/vessel load plans
- route your vehicles
- smoothing the workload throughout the day, week, month and year to minimize workload peaks that require contractors or overtime.
SPEAK WITH EXPERT
Operational Scheduling, Load Building and Routing Optimization
Planning on a weekly, daily or real-time basis
Meet delivery, cost and service level objectives by adjusting the daily plans, schedules and routes in response to supply or demand disruptions, rush orders, weather, vehicle or driver issues and other situations that require deviation from the original tactical plans.
SPEAK WITH EXPERT
Optimal Sequencing in Container Terminals: Reduced Yard Clash by 70% and Reduced Reshuffles by 15%
Who is it for?
Ideal for owned or managed fleets and unique or complex requirements
- Departmental silos that make load consolidation challenging
- Unexpected situations (weather, breakdowns, staffing, etc) that require adjustments that could have ripple effects on the schedule
- Assigning orders to routes and/or routes to resources
- Orders that must be split into multiple loads (order balancing) in order to optimize supply/demand matching, reduce inventory congestion or achieve just-in-time delivery to the production facility
- Reverse logistics requirements to support re-use of pallets, containers or other packaging
- 3-Dimensional loading instruction, considering factors like load/pallet dimensions, stacking rules, orientation, weight balancing, LIFO or grouping considerations Different vehicle/vessel/aircraft types that limit load types, dock/port/terminal locations, etc.
- Limited freight load/unload windows at docks/ports/terminals
- Workforce preferences, objectives and constraints need to be considered (hours, teaming, overtime, etc)
Speak with an Expert
Book a personal demo or speak with one of our product managers to learn more.