Reusing Heat Emitted by Computations
The internship can take place in Paris, Montpellier, or Bologna (Italy); remote work is possible if imposed by regulation. Compensation according to regulation.
The competitive edge of DecisionBrain in delivering smart decision-support solutions relies on computation-intensive processes. As all computations, executing these processes emit heat. In this internship, we want to explore a partnership with Qarnot (qarnot.com) to run these processes on Qarnot’s infrastructure, where the heat emitted is reused to provide heating in buildings.
- Experiment with Qarnot’s REST API to learn how to deploy a computation process on their infrastructure.
- Get familiar with the design of DBOS, DecisionBrain’s computation orchestrator.
- Design, implement, and document an extension of DBOS to run computation processes on Qarnot’s infrastructure.
On the technical side, the following skills are expected:
- Knowledge of back-end development in Java in an enterprise environment, which also includes dependency injection frameworks such as Spring, build tools such as Gradle or Maven, development processes based on Git, merge requests, etc.
- Understanding of the principles of REST APIs.
- Knowledge of Docker, and if possible Kubernetes (possibly through proprietary cloud solutions such as AWS).
- In addition, a working knowledge of Python is appreciated.
Speak with an Expert